Terry Barber the founder of St. Josephs’ Communication and Lighthouse Catholic Media has written a book called “How to Share Your Faith With Anyone”. In chapter eight, he lays out ten rules for evangelization that he has practiced successfully for many years. He considers them tried and true, proven effective rules to make your effort at sharing the faith more faithful.
Here they are:
- Thou shalt pray always.
- Thou shalt be prepared.
- Thou shalt be intentional.
- Thou shalt not get discouraged.
- Thou shalt stay motivated.
- Thou shalt be kind.
- Thou shalt ask questions.
- Thou shalt admit when thou are wrong.
- Thou shalt reap what thou sow.
- Thou shalt be not afraid!
Terry has brought many people into or back into the church. When people ask him how he does it, his answer is “I keep trying. I fail a lot. I fail nine times out of ten but I don’t give up” He invites us to do the same. We can’t in good conscience do less.
Let us know which ones you are already using and which ones you plan to work on in the comments below.